FMPRO-L Archives

July 2016, Week 1

FMPRO-L@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Jonathan Fletcher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Jul 2016 00:11:00 -0400
Copy and paste?

You can copy the tables from one file into another and have both of them in one file. You then import the data from the external file.

That said, if you simply want to merge the data into one table and there aren’t any duplicates, you can simply import from one to the other.

If however there are data points that conflict or records with duplicate data or IDs then all bets are off, and you will need two people to complete the task:

1. Someone who knows the data intimately and how exactly you want it to end up
2. Someone who knows FileMaker pretty well

From the wording of your question, I am assuming that you MAY be the former and are likely not the latter.

There will not be an “app” that will make the same decisions that your brain would, if there is anything that actually requires a decision. (Believe me there will be more decisions than you have already thought of. Happens every time.)

Jonathan

--
Jonathan Fletcher

Kentuckiana FileMaker Developers Group