FMPRO-L Archives

June 2011, Week 2

FMPRO-L@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Colin Randall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Jun 2011 09:11:45 +0100
Pages is good for Newsletters, especially when combined with 'Create Booklet' - a free add-on available from at

http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/automator/createbooklet.html

This allows you to create a booklet in page order but then print it out so that the pages automatically print the way you want them (e.g. page 1 and 4 on the back of 2 and 3) - brilliant for A5 booklets.

Colin

On 7 Jun 2011, at 23:07, Richard S. Russell wrote:

> On 2011 Jun 7, at 16:50, Lee wrote:
>
>> Why is everything I find related to Newsletter software only for email newsletters.
>> I don't want an email newsletter but one I can print and send off to members in the normal mail.
>> I'm sorry if there has been confusion. I've spent hours looking on the web but everything is email based/html stuff, not straightforward desktop publishing newsletter software.
>> I can design it in Filemaker of course but it becomes not so user friendly when reports and content vary in size from month to month.
>

> What you need is a page-layout program. Microsoft Word claims to have page-layout capabilities built into it, probably about 2 doors down from the kitchen sink. For Q&D stuff, I use the Mac-specific Nisus Writer Pro, but Apple's own Pages (part of the iWork suite) is better for medium-quality work.
>
> Years ago, the professional-grade standards in the field were Quark Xpress, Adobe PageMaker, and ReadySetGo. I expect that all of them have evolved or died since I last had any need of them.
>
> I plead total ignorance of what's available for Windows users.

Revd Colin Randall
Rector of Barrow
and Chester Diocesan Worship Adviser
Church Web Site: