FMPRO-L Archives

May 2011, Week 1

FMPRO-L@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
André Boey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 May 2011 17:33:49 -0400
Deb,

Add a Perform AppleScript step to your script that does this:

tell application "FileMaker Pro Advanced"
         tell database "Database Name"
		tell table "Table Name"
			set filePath to cell "global Field Name"
		end tell
	end tell
end tell

tell application "Adobe Photoshop CS3"
	open file filePath
end tell

where filePath is a Mac-style colon-delimited path to the image that
you pass to AppleScript through a global field. If the path is not a
Mac-style path but a Unix-style one, you'll have to use Substitute to
replace the slashes with colons.

Andre