FMPRO-L Archives

April 2011, Week 3

FMPRO-L@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

Date:
Mon, 18 Apr 2011 04:49:31 +1000
Just wondering if anyone has found a change in printing when upgrading
from 8 or 9 to 11.

I've been printing a specific layout for many years. All previous
versions of filemaker (23 years) would allow me to print right to the
external parameters of the A4 page. After upgrading to 11 the same
layout will not print to the edge of the page, even if the object is
placed at the extremities on the layout screen. When viewing in preview
it shows as printing to the edge of the page. This is a real problem as
the object has to fit in a pre-made container. It now means there has to
be two extra guilotine cuts to get it to fit. A very time consuming
process when you have hundreds to do.

Another negative for me with 11 along with quite a few others and the
fact I can't even open my old version of 9 and use that as I'm now using
Snow Leopard which will not run version 9 on my iMac.

Lee