FMPRO-L Archives

May 2011, Week 1

FMPRO-L@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Deborah Tinsley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 May 2011 13:08:20 -0500
Hey all,
It has been a long time since I've posted.
I have an image DB on my Mac (OSX - 10.5.8). I'd like to be able to
open images from the database in Photoshop (CS3). If the images were
saved using Photoshop, there is no problem, but some were saved using
other software and my scipt opens those in whatever other software was
used (primarily Preview or Nikon Scan). If I open the image up in
Photoshop and save it, it opens up in PS, but I have thousands of
images.

The script I used was "Send Event" using the Document setting, I told
it to open the image using the filepath name:

Send Event ["Adobe Photoshop CS3"; "aevt"; "odoc"; Photo Catalog::File Path]
Perform Script ["open image"]

I had to add the "open image" or it wouldn't open images that were not
saved in Photoshop.

Any ideas?

Deb

Deborah Tinsley