FMPRO-L Archives

September 2010, Week 2

FMPRO-L@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
David McQueen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Sep 2010 21:04:17 -0400
Depending on the version of FileMaker  you have ( 10 and up I
believe) you can host up to 10 right now the same way you are doing
it. So if you like what you are doing, you can keep on keeping on.

What you do not have now is automated backups among other things. If
you have not backed up since last Christmas, hmm ... there is no down
side to going to server.

I have clients doing what you are doing and they have been doing it
for 10 years. Very cost effective.

I do believe however that there are some server experts out there who
can give you in depth reasons why server is better and why what I am
saying is heresy. :-)

--
David A. McQueen
LICHEN Software