FMPRO-L Archives

March 2011, Week 2

FMPRO-L@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Nicholas Orr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Mar 2011 13:19:02 +1100
Goya is pleased to announce the release of their free and open source plugin for FileMaker. The BaseElements plugin is a fully cross platform plugin to enhance your FileMaker solutions that is not only available for unlimited free use to end users and workgroups, but also available under an open source licence.

For the first time, FileMaker users and developers will have access to a fully featured, cross platform FileMaker plugin that is free to use and free to enhance and extend to their own desires. Developed initially for the BaseElements FileMaker developer tool, this plugin is now available for all.

"We developed this plugin for our own use, as we wanted a single plugin to perform a core set of functions, but realised that the functions we were building were going to be useful to other developers as well. In the end it was decided that we would release it as an open source plugin and give it back to the FileMaker community. We hope that other plugin developers take it on, and adapt and extend our code for themselves. But this isn't the finish, we already have plans for more functions to add in the future, but it will always remain available for free to everyone." said Nicholas Orr, Owner of Goya Pty Ltd.

The plugin adds the following functions to FileMaker Pro :

Dialogs
BE_AlternateButton, BE_CancelButton, BE_DisplayDialog, BE_OKButton, BE_SelectFile, BE_SelectFolder

Clipboard
BE_ClipboardFormats, BE_ClipboardText, BE_SetClipboardText

File
BE_CopyFile, BE_CreateFolder, BE_DeleteFile, BE_FileExists, BE_ListFilesInFolder, BE_MoveFile, BE_ReadTextFromFile, BE_SelectFile, BE_SelectFolder, BE_StripInvalidUTF16CharactersFromXMLFile, BE_WriteTextToFile

XSLT
BE_ApplyXSLT

Shell
BE_ExecuteShellCommand

URL
BE_OpenURL

FileMaker
BE_FileMaker_Fields, BE_FileMaker_Tables

The source code for the plugin is available from github and the downloads are linked directly from the plugin website.

Goya http://www.goya.com.au/
BaseElements Plugin http://www.goya.com.au/baseelements/plugin
BaseElements Plugin GitHub Page https://github.com/nickorr/BaseElements-Plugin