FMPRO-L Archives

December 2013, Week 2

FMPRO-L@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Andrew Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Dec 2013 14:21:23 +0100
> On 12Dec, 2013, at 7:24 PM, John Weinshel <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
>> FMI states that FMS is not currently compatible with Mavericks:

It was unkind of Apple to slip Mavericks out with no advance warning ;-)

I’m still on 11, having given up on FMP’s limited web implementations, and it does not sound as if 13 offers anything useful for what I need to do — one simultaneous connection in this day and age strikes me as extravagantly weird.

How far away are we from an on-line alternative? There are number of web databases available now, and they will presumably grow in sophistication. Is it realistic to expect an alternative  that will emulate the principal features of FMP?

AB