FMPRO-L Archives

July 2010, Week 4

FMPRO-L@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Barbara Passman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Jul 2010 23:48:16 -0500
I have easily related  two tables in a database.
The one to many relationship works well and in List or Form view, the several values pertaining to a record in the related table  readily display that table's layout
In the LIST view the field in the portal window is set to display four values.
However when I choose  Table(grid) view of the same layout, only one of the four values displays, no matter how large I make the field

That is one table lists the pet owner by name and address
The second related table lists the pets and their owner.
Many owners own more than one pet

In the pet owner layout I  added a portal to display the names of all the owners' pets
In the LIST or FORM view of  that layout, all the pets owned by an individual display.
I,.e,
Owner: Jones, Alice
Pets:    Fido
             Kitty
             Birdy

But when I display the same layout in TABLE view, only one pet is listed even for people showing more than one pet in the List view.
Owner               Pets
Jones, Alice     Fido
Smith, Clara     Goofy

What can I do so that all the related values display in the table view?
What am I doing wrong?

Thank you
Barbara P