FMPRO-L Archives

October 2010, Week 1

FMPRO-L@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Geoff Graham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Oct 2010 10:36:28 -0400
In the child table, have global container with a highlight color, and an unstored container calc that picks up that global when a key is set. In the past I'd have set that key from the action of the user clicking the portal row, but you want to let the user then browse other reocrds and have the parent portal track it. I'd set that key with a layout trigger on the destination layout I think - that one I'd have to play with a bit. That unstored container calc goes into your portal, behind the data, set to stretch the color swatch to your liking. That would be the highlight part.

As far as auto-scrolling the portal, I've done such things for users working in the portal, but not from a different window. I assume you have two windows open at this point? In any case, that same script trigger attached to the layout that's responsible for highlighting the correct record could also run a script in the other layout to go to the portal row indicated, minus 4 records. I bet you end up with two mechanisms, one for the user scrolling records in the child window, another for the user to click the portal row and go to the related record.

Geoff