FMPRO-L Archives

August 2010, Week 3

FMPRO-L@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Jonathan Fletcher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Aug 2010 14:26:46 -0400
On Aug 17, 2010, at 1:48 PM, James Babb wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I just tried FMP 11 do to a memory leak problem in v9.
>
> After using FMP since v3, the new layout is very annoying. Is this new in v11 or did they do it in v10?
>
> Is there a way to revert to to the traditional view?

You'll find it's easier to breathe up here above the surface, James!

The Status Area was changed to the top in 10 (and renamed Status Toolbar), and 11 has added even more functionality.

There was a fair amount of gnashing of teeth when 10 came out, and I myself didn't like it at first, but once you come to grips with it it can be quite an aid to your work. Make peace with it and become familiar with how custom menus can help you control what's in the toolbar and it can actually save you development time.

And the answer to your question is, no, there is no way to put it back. Layout adjustments are in store, I'm afraid.

j.

--
Jonathan Fletcher
FileMaker 9 & 10 Certified Developer