FMPRO-L Archives

May 2011, Week 2

FMPRO-L@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
James McAlister <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 May 2011 19:32:15 -0500
I don't know if this has any bearing, but here is an excerpt from a
post by Winfried Huslik from 2005 on the Dartmouth list:

"If the field is a date field, there is no need (nor a possibility) to
convert anything at all.

A date can be shown in any desired format that is defined in layout mode.
If there is no special format defined, the default format is used
(which is the system's format at the time the file was created or
cloned).

If - for example - you want to use a US developed solution in the UK,
change your systems settings (date, time, number, currency) to the
settings of the UK and make clones of the files. From now on the
default is the UK format."

If I'm understanding him right, you may need to clone the file in
order for the changed format to "stick" and be recognized.

James
www.james-mc.com
Words To Live By