FMPRO-L Archives

January 2013, Week 3

FMPRO-L@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Corn Walker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Jan 2013 08:06:58 -0500
On 15 Jan 2013, at 4:06 AM, Emma Glaisher wrote:

> So what is the alternative? Sharing across the web? That's another whole new realm for me. There's really one person actually inputting data, and the other one accessing. Only me actually working on the structure, and I will do that evenings/weekends as I have a day job anyway.
>
> I know it's not a good way of working, but not sure what alternative as they can't just share across a network, being 50 miles apart.

There are several alternatives, but the right one depends on their configuration (and yours).

Are these Windows or Mac users, and does either of them have a second computer?
What type and speed internet connection does each user have?
Does each user have a copy of FileMaker Pro or are they using the runtime client built with FileMaker Pro Advanced?
What type and speed internet connection do you have?

Cheers,
-corn

Cornelius Walker
The Proof Group