FMPRO-L Archives

March 2010, Week 3

FMPRO-L@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Steve Cassidy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Mar 2010 17:02:59 +0000
Hi Barrie

Glad that helped. As I noted, though, I almost never allow creation of
related records this way. I go for the kludgy (or perhaps not so
kludgy) scripted method to give me more control over the process...
But perhaps I'm a bit old fashioned. With all the great features that
have been added to Filemaker in recent years (control over record
commit; event triggers; etc.) there are probably other ways to get
more control over the new records that users create.

Steve