CAMPUS-EVENTS Archives

Campus Events

CAMPUS-EVENTS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

Date:
Tue, 5 Jul 2011 00:02:51 -0400
              ~Amarna Presents~
--------------------------------------
~*~~* ~ TUESDAY Night Dinner  ~*~~*~
--------------------------------------

Join us for a special edition of Monday Night Dinner...
Monday was the 4th of July, so we're changing it up.

                 TUESDAY, JULY 5
                          7 PM

With special guest...
		PROF. JENNIFER LIND

Bio: Jennifer Lind, professor in the Government department, has done graduate
and PH.D. work in Political Science and Pacific International Affairs at MIT and
the University of California, San Diego. She has worked as a consultant for RAND
and the Office of the Secretary, U.S. Department of Defense, and has lived and
worked in Japan. She recently published a book about the effect of war memory
on international reconciliation. Her current research interests include the resilience
of the North Korean regime (and planning U.S. military missions in case of its
collapse), and democracy and stability in East Asia.

Join us for a very special discussion with Prof. Lind!

On the menu tonight:
Asian lettuce wraps
Cilantro lime rice
Peanut butter chocolate cupcakes

-----

Where is Amarna?
Amarna is located at 23 E. Wheelock street,
second house past the traffic light after the gym,
and right across from Kappa Kappa Gamma.

What is Amarna?
Amarna is a coed residential Undergraduate social organization.
We are open and non-exclusive, with no rush or pledge period
for new members. We embrace, affirm and appreciate individuality
and diversity. We encourage a spirit of voluntary, not obligatory,
participation in house activities. We plan and hold a variety of
events, from dance parties to weekly dinners with faculty and
administrators, from our signature "Wine and Cheese" to
community service activities and events addressing issues of diversity.