CAMPUS-EVENTS Archives

Campus Events

CAMPUS-EVENTS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
College Democrats <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 3 Apr 2011 19:13:02 -0400
**********************
Interested in Politics? The Budget? The Primary? Labor issues?Come join the College
Democrats for their first meeting of the term and stay for a special SEIU sponsored
screening of the film "At The River I Stand.

We'll be holding elections for our Political Affairs Director (blitz dcd if you
have any questions), and planning events for the upcoming term.
***********************
College Democrats Meeting
Rocky
Monday, April 4
6:30  P.M.
Pizza will be served

Followed by
"At The River I Stand"
6:45ish P.M
Also Rocky

"During two eventful months in 1968, what began as a local labor dispute between
African American sanitation workers and the white power structure of Memphis grew
into the devastating tragedy of the assassination of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
and a national struggle for racial and economic justice. It marked a turning point
in the Civil Rights Movement."