CAMPUS-EVENTS Archives

Campus Events

CAMPUS-EVENTS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Stonefence Review <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Stonefence Review <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Jul 2011 00:44:05 -0400
TONIGHT join the Stonefence Review, Dartmouth College's premier journal of arts
and letters.

Who are we?  We are a group of student writers who work to promote and foster
a literary and artistic community on campus. Most recently, the Review has been
publishing open-access ONLINE quarterly issues, like this http://stonefencereview.com/
... created and edited BY Dartmouth students, for Dartmouth students, peer institutions
-- and beyond.

**TONIGHT at 8PM (i.e. Tuesday) come join us in the SANBORN BASEMENT for our first
meeting of 11X!**

--> *What does involvement in Stonefence THIS TERM mean?

-- reviewing summer submissions and creating an 11X Stonfence web edition
-- contacting professors and authors for potential readings/events in the fall
and beyond
-- promoting student work and creative work on campus
-- reading/sharing good poetry and fiction
-- and, workshopping personal work (if you choose!)

JOIN US tonight for lemonade, a summery treat, and poetry.
<3
Stonefence

EGG
by Ale teger

When you kill it at the edge of the pan, you don't notice
That the egg grows an eye in death.

It is so small, it doesn't satisfy
Even the most modest morning appetite.

But it already watches, already stares at your world.
What are its horizons, whose glassy-eyed perspectives?

Does it see time, which moves carelessly through space?
Eyeballs, eyeballs, cracked shells, chaos or order?

Big questions for such a little eye at such an early hour.
And you ? do you really want an answer?

When you sit down, eye to eye, behind a table,
You blind it soon enough with a crust of bread.