CAMPUS-EVENTS Archives

Campus Events

CAMPUS-EVENTS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

Date:
Tue, 17 May 2011 15:31:38 -0400
SEEDS presents~

"Design Thinking for Economic Development"
- from Prof. Peter Robbie, Thayer School
of Engineering.

Time: Tuesday, May 17th 7-8pm
Location: Carson L01
(Dinner from Taste Africa will be served)

"Design begins with the recognition of need and follows an intentional process
by which you apply knowledge and actually make products to effect change," says
Prof. Robbie, "It is central to innovation. It essentially is the
process of innovation."
http://www.dartmouthengineer.com/2010/03/engineering-by-design/

During the lecture we will explore the answers for these questions, and we will
also have opportunities to ask questions!

What really is Design Thinking?
How did you come to learn about Design Thinking? What attracts you to Design Thinking?
What innovations in social enterprise can learn from Design Thinking?
How do you see the future role of Design Thinking in non-profits, businesses,
and economic development?

See you there!

SEEDS execs