CAMPUS-EVENTS Archives

Campus Events

CAMPUS-EVENTS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Cabin and Trail <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cabin and Trail <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Feb 2011 14:26:21 -0500
Here's a list of all the CnT trips going out this week - we'd love to have you
on any of them!

To Sign up for any trip, blitz the leader of that trip with your DA$H number or
saying you'd like to pay in cash.  If the trip is free, just blitz the leader
reserve a spot.

If you're interested in becoming a DOC Member, please see Julie Bell in Robo.

You'll get discounted trips and lots of other perks.

-CnT

WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAY

Event: DinerToure to the Fairlee Diner
Time: 7:00 AM Wednesday, Feb. 16; back by 9Ls
Cost: Free ride, bring small bills for food
Description / Difficulty level: Come enjoy good breakfast and good company at
the Fairlee Diner, famous for emu burgers!  Meet behind Robo for a ride.
Blitz: dinerwheels

Event: CnT Feed
Time: 6:30 pm
Cost: $4
Description / Difficulty level: Come to 'The Rock'--16 Sargent St.
(http://www.dartmouth.edu/~cabtrail/rock.shtml) to eat a delicious homecooked
meal for dinner
Blitz: cnt if you want to help cook

THURSDAY THURSDAY THURSDAY

Event: Mt. Gile Sunrike!
Time: 5:30 am, back before 9:00
Cost: $2 for DOC members, $3 for non-members
Description / Difficulty level: Come on an easy, 1.4 mile round trip sunrike
(sunrise hike) to Mt. Gile. We will leave campus nice and early at 5:30 in the
morning, hike up to the fire tower on top of the mountain, eat breakfast while
watching the sun come up over the Upper Valley, and then return to campus with
plenty of time to get to your nine X-hours.
Blitz: Jesse Rieb with your DASH number to sign up

FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY

Event: Snowshoeing at the WINTER FARM EVENT!!!!!!!
Time: multiple short hikes held from 4pm-sundown (but the farm event goes from
3-8)
Cost: free!
Description / Difficulty level: No experience necessary! Rides will be leaving
from Robo every hour, beginning at 3 pm. Come enjoy a wonderful easy snowshoe
around the Organic Farm! There will be multiple snowshoeing nature walks
starting at around 4 pm and continuing until dinner. Then stay for a PIE
WORKSHOP and delicious POTLUCK, explore the MAPLE SUGARING shack, and listen to
the special guest band ***RECKLESS BREAKFAST****. Its going to be great!
Blitz: Ariana Sopher if you're interested (just so we can get an idea of how
many snowshoes to rent) still come even if you forget to blitz in!!

Event: Hinman Cabin Heeler Overnight
Time: 6pm Friday-whenever you need to be back to campus by Saturday
Cost: $1
Description/Difficulty Level: We will be heading over to Hinman Cabin (about 9
miles from campus) on Friday night, cooking a delicious dinner, and then
chilling and playing games in front of a warm and toasty fire. On Saturday
morning, we have a couple of options:
1. Habitat for Humanity- help build a house and learn valuable carpentry skills
from 8:30-12:30!
2. Hike- snowshoe up part of Smarts Mountain
3. Hanover-return to campus...
Blitz: Julia Hudnut-Beumler with your DA$H number and your vote (1, 2, or 3) to
sign-up!

Event: Joint DOC-Harvard Outing Club trip: Mt. Moosilauke
Time: Evening Friday (flexible, but before dinner) to evening Saturday
Cost: $13 for DOC members, $15 otherwise
Club! We will leave on Friday evening before dinner (time flexible), meet up
with the people coming from Harvard, and head out to Great Bear cabin, where we
will have dinner. On Saturday we will snowshoe up Mt. Moosilauke
(moderate/strenuous--there's tons of snow right now!) and return to campus by
early evening Saturday. A unique opportunity to interact with another outing
club. The Harvard contingent is being led by Alexios Monopolis '03, former DOC
president and now director of the Harvard Outing Club--he's trying to revive
intercollegiate outing club trips. Gear rentals are free as always.
Blitz: Matt Pickart to sign up

Event: Raid the Joint DOC-Harvard Outing Club trip: Mt. Moosilauke
Time: Evening, leaving after 7pm on Friday, back by 11pm
Cost: Free, but if you want this as a ride to participate in the real trip, you
will have to talk to matt, and pay accordingly
the joint DOC, and Harvard-oc trip will be staying. We will snowshoe in to
greet them (if DOR has enough snowshoes for all the trips that go out that
weekend, if not the trek will be more trecherous...) After our raid (tbd) we
can spend some time hanging out in Great Bear, before heading out again to
return to campus.

This trip is tenative depending on interest. If you need a later ride up to the
real trip, that is good too, but I would encourage particiapation in the whole
trip as a priority over the raid, however... come play with me... there will be
some walking outside in the snow, some hanging out in cabins, and a mix of
company.
Blitz: ERD to sign up, or with questions

Event: Sledding the Mt.Washington Auto Road
Time: Leave Fri, 2/18 @ 5pm, return Sat, 2/19, late evening.
Cost: $8 DOC members, $10 Non-DOC members
Description / Difficulty: We'll travel up to the luxurious Billings Lodge
just north of Mt.Washington for the night,
then get an early start the next morning to sled the auto road!  We'll
snowshoe up most of the auto road (~5 miles),
then sled down (we will not be summiting).  Sleds, snowshoes and other gear
provided.
It'll be a very strenuous hike, but well worth it!  Think: 5 non-stop miles
of fast sledding!
Preference will be given to those who have participated in an extreme
sledding series event this term.
Blitz: Wales Carter for more information and to sign up