CAMPUS-EVENTS Archives

Campus Events

CAMPUS-EVENTS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

Date:
Tue, 28 Sep 2010 23:31:50 -0400
***Do you love sharing innovative ideas?

***Would you like to develop valuable skills like event-planning, communications,
teamwork, design, fundraising and marketing?

***Do you want to work simultaneously with Dartmouth centers like Rocky, Dickey
and Tucker, schools like Thayer and Tuck, and professors across a range of departments
to create a major campus-wide initiative?

Then you might be interested in joining the TEDxDartmouth Team! Join us in hosting
a student-driven, independently organized, officially-licensed TEDx conference
to showcase the excellence of Dartmouth professors, students and alumni.

Last year, the inaugural TEDxDartmouth event explored ideas ranging from how our
brains use emotions to get the better of us to why we should educate prisoners
in the liberal arts to the causes of the economic crash. The result? Hundreds
of students attended, thousands watched the talks on YouTube, and, in only its
first year, TEDxDartmouth won COSO's Best Large Event of the Year award.

Why was the event so successful? Because of its people! The members of the entirely-student-run
TEDxDartmouth Team were talented organizers, passionate about ideas, and determined
to see the event through to success.

This year, we want to go even bigger, but we need your help to do it!

For more information on TEDxDartmouth and how you can get involved, please see
the attached form. If you'd like to join the team, send applications to [log in to unmask]
by no later than 3pm on Friday October 1.

For "Ideas Worth Spreading,"

The TEDxDartmouth Team