CAMPUS-EVENTS Archives

Campus Events

CAMPUS-EVENTS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

Date:
Wed, 9 Jan 2013 19:58:05 +0000
Please join us for our first Geisel MLK Celebration Event of 2013! We will serve dinner, watch the film Miss Evers Boys and have a discussion.

Have you ever wondered why patients are sometimes reluctant to seek medical treatment?  What barriers exist between doctors and their patients so patients can receive equal treatment?  Please attend this session as we explore these and other questions.  See below for more information about our session.

VIDEO:
Title: Miss Evers Boys Film and Discussion
Facilitators: Charles Bay TDI ’13 and Ayobami Olufadeji Geisel ‘15
Date: 6:00 PM; Thursday, January 10th
Place: Chilcott Auditorium

The Tuskegee Syphilis Experiment

The United States government did something that was wrong--deeply, profoundly, morally wrong. It was an outrage to our commitment to integrity and equality for all our citizens. . . . clearly racist.
--President Clinton's apology for the Tuskegee Syphilis Experiment to the eight remaining survivors, May 16, 1997

Taken from . . . http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0762136.html