CAMPUS-EVENTS Archives

Campus Events

CAMPUS-EVENTS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

Date:
Mon, 16 May 2011 08:12:59 -0400
               ~AMARNA Presents~
--------------------------------------
~*~~* ~ Monday Night Dinner  ~*~~*~
--------------------------------------

	Join us.
         TONIGHT, MONDAY, MAY 16
                          7 PM

With special guest...
		PROF. CHRISTOPHER SCHNADER

Bio: Christopher Schnader, Lecturer in German, graduated from
Dartmouth in 1990, where he studied Music, Linguistics, and German.
He spent his junior year in Cologne on a Rotary Foundation Fellowship.
After graduation he taught at Falmouth Academy for two years before
working in Cologne for the Carl Duisburg Gesellschaft and then for the
International Educational and Study Program in Berlin. In 1999 he began
graduate work in German at the University of Pennsylvania, receiving his
MA in 2001. After a Fulbright year in Berlin in 2004-5, he is presently
completing his dissertation on friendship in 18th-century Germany.

Tonight's topic: Friendship!

Join us for a very special discussion with Prof. Schnader!

On the menu tonight:
Orecchiette with lentils, onions, and spinach
Perciatelli with kale and crispy bacon
Roasted chicken thighs with fennel and olives

-----

Where is Amarna, you say?
Amarna is located at 23 E. Wheelock street,
second house past the traffic light after the gym,
and right across from Kappa Kappa Gamma.

What is Amarna?
Amarna is a coed residential Undergraduate social organization.
We are open and non-exclusive, with no rush or pledge period
for new members. We embrace, affirm and appreciate individuality
and diversity. We encourage a spirit of voluntary, not obligatory,
participation in house activities. We plan and hold a variety of
events, from dance parties to weekly dinners with faculty and
administrators, from our signature "Wine and Cheese" to
community service activities and events addressing issues of diversity.