CAMPUS-EVENTS Archives

Campus Events

CAMPUS-EVENTS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Cabin and Trail <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cabin and Trail <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Mar 2011 16:26:00 -0400
Welcome to CnT!

To sign up for any trip, blitz the leader of that trip with your DA$H number or
saying you'd like to pay in cash.  Your spot will be reserved once you pay.  If
the trip is free, just blitz the leader to reserve a spot.

If you're interested in becoming a DOC Member, please see Julie Bell in Robo.
You'll get discounted trips and lots of other perks.

<3 CnT

WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAY

Event: Planning Feed!
Time: 6:30
Cost: $4, or free if you help cook
this term!
Location: The Rock, 16 Sargent St.
(http://www.dartmouth.edu/~cabtrail/rock.shtml)
Blitz: Emma Smithayer to help cook, just show up to eat

SATURDAY SATURDAY SATURDAY

Mt. Ascutney!!!
Time: 9:00am-later in the day
Cost:  $4 for DOC members, $6 otherwise
Description / Difficulty level: The trip up Mt. Ascutney is a moderate,
gradual, 7-mile hike with gorgeous views and probably a bit of snow.  We'll
leave at 9am Saturday morning, drive about 30 minutes into Vermont and hit the
trail.  Snacks and good company will be provided.
Blitz Alison Helzer with your DASH to sign up!

Event: Mt. Cardigan
Time: 11 am-6pm
Cost: $5 for DOC members, $7 otherwise
description/difficulty level:  a 4 mile easy hike with a beautiful view at the
top, the Mt. Cardigan hike is sure to be a great time for all.  Entertainment
will be provided in the form of funny times.  Basically, this trip is going to
be chill and awesome.  Lunch is totally included, and hiking is a given.
Blitz: Brendan Nagle with your DA$H to sign up.

Event: CAMEL'S HUMP
Time: 8 am-6pm
Cost: $4 for DOC members, $6 otherwise
Description/Difficulty level:  About 7 miles roundtrip, Camel's Hump is a
moderate hike and the third tallest mountain in Vermont. Summitting the
mountain is a real treat because of the breathtaking, panoramic views at the
top! Seriously, you can see mountains as far as the Adirondacks and the Whites
from the top! We'll provide a lunch, snacks, snowshoes/crampons, and gaiters.
Blitz: Julia Hudnut-Beumler with your DA$H to sign up!

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY

Event: Navigational Skillz Workshop
Time: 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Cost: $5 for DOC members, $7 otherwise
Description / Difficulty level: Come learn how to navigate in the woods!  We'll
meet at Robo for a brief overview of map and compass use, then drive 10 minutes
to Burnt Mountain to get some experience orienteering.  We'll snowshoe around
the woods for a while, find our way to different points on the map, and climb
up to a great viewpoint on Burnt Mountain.  Have a blast and learn some useful
wilderness skillz!
Blitz: Eric Ross with your DASH# to sign up