CAMPUS-EVENTS Archives

Campus Events

CAMPUS-EVENTS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

Date:
Fri, 3 Jun 2011 11:53:39 -0400
Finals making you crazy?

Take an important pause for rest, consolidation, reflection, and centering
and walk the prayer/meditation Labyrinth housed for the day in Collis
CommonGround.

All are welcome to walk, rest, and pause during the beginning of the finals
season.

"We are all on the path... exactly where we need to be. The labyrinth is a
model of that path.

A labyrinth is an ancient symbol that relates to wholeness. It combines the
imagery of the circle and the spiral into a meandering but purposeful path.
The Labyrinth represents a journey to our own center and back again out into
the world. Labyrinths have long been used as meditation and prayer tools.

A labyrinth has only one path. It is unicursal. The way in is the way out.
There are no blind alleys. The path leads you on a circuitous path to the
center and out again."

Read more about Labyrinth's here:
http://www.lessons4living.com/labyrinth.htm or check it out all day today!