CAMPUS-EVENTS Archives

Campus Events

CAMPUS-EVENTS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

Date:
Mon, 4 Apr 2011 01:45:34 -0400
               ~AMARNA Presents~
--------------------------------------
~*~~* ~ Monday Night Dinner  ~*~~*~
--------------------------------------

	Join us.
         TONIGHT, MONDAY, APRIL 4
                          7 PM

With special guest...
		PROF. TERRY OSBORNE

Bio: An instructor in the English Department for sixteen years
and a writer, Prof. Osborne has focused his teaching and writing
energies on "place" literature, particularly personal essays or
collections of personal essays that use a geographic location as
background or springboard. His own essays have appeared in The
North American Review, The Green Mountains Review, and
Vermont Life, among others. His first book, "Sightlines", was
published by the University Press of New England in the spring of 2001.

Join us for a very special discussion with Prof. Osborne!

On the menu tonight:
-Sloppy Joe's
-Vegetarian Sloppy Joe's
-Potato Salad
-Ants on a Log

And for dessert......
Dirt Pudding and Bug Juice!

-----

Where is Amarna, you say?
Amarna is located at 23 E. Wheelock street,
second house past the traffic light after the gym,
and right across from Kappa Kappa Gamma.

What is Amarna?
Amarna is a coed residential Undergraduate social organization.
We are open and non-exclusive, with no rush or pledge period
for new members. We embrace, affirm and appreciate individuality
and diversity. We encourage a spirit of voluntary, not obligatory,
participation in house activities. We plan and hold a variety of
events, from dance parties to weekly dinners with faculty and
administrators, from our signature "Wine and Cheese" to
community service activities and events addressing issues of diversity.