CAMPUS-EVENTS Archives

Campus Events

CAMPUS-EVENTS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Palaeopitus <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 15 Nov 2011 12:26:59 -0500
On Saturday November 5th, these words were written on the windows of the ground
floor Fahey-McClane Common Room:

"fags"

"suck dick"

"yes means anal"

"penis? yes please

"bitch

They were written there under the cloak of anonymity to viciously target individuals
in our community simply because of who they are.

This act discriminates against LGBTQ people and women on our campus.  This act
is antithetical to the standards of our community.  This act embodies hatred.

We invite you to take a stance against this intolerance and demonstrate that
we as a community will not condone degradation of any of our members, that we
welcome everybody with open arms and open minds.

Please Join us:

WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 16th (6 PM)

In wearing white to protest against this divisive act, and later in Collis Commonground for
a candle-lit vigil on the Green.  We hope to see you there so that we may come
together as a community in solidarity

Lest we forget: "an injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere"
--Martin Luther King, Jr.

Co-Sponsored by Palaeopitus, Gender Sexuality XYZ, Inter-Community Council, The
Center for Women and Gender, Student Assembly, and OUTreach Peer Mentors.