CAMPUS-EVENTS Archives

Campus Events

CAMPUS-EVENTS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Ledyard Canoe Club <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ledyard Canoe Club <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Jan 2012 07:14:28 -0500
Hi All-

Every year the Ledyard Canoe Club heads south to the sunny slopes of the Appalachian
Mountains in western North Carolina for spring break.  We'll drive down on March
14th- the last day of spring term finals, and then spend ten days kayaking, playing
outside, and hanging out in the North Carolina sun. Our first day there, we'll
all paddle the Lower Green River together- a great introduction for beginners,
and a chance for everyone to shake off the winter's rust! From there, what we
paddle every day will depend on water levels and what people want to do! We will
generally run one beginner trip, and one intermediate/advanced trip each day.
After kayaking, everyone returns to the camp lodge we stay at to make dinner and
chill for the evening, before waking up in the morning to do it all again! This
trip is tons of fun for beginners and experienced paddlers alike, and is a great
way to get introduced to the sport of kayaking and to Ledyard!

The whole cost of the trip- transportation down to NC, and to and from the river
each day, lodging, and food- usually runs about $400, and financial aid is available
if you get financial aid from the college. The only thing not included in that
cost is the gear that we recommend you have- and if you plan ahead and shop wisely,
this gear cost can be kept very minimal.

Sound like your idea of a good time? Fill out the attached app, and blitz it back
to "[log in to unmask]" by midnight on January 16th! (You can also give it to Brian
Seitz or Kurt Kostyu, if that's easier.) Questions? Feel free to ask!