CAMPUS-EVENTS Archives

Campus Events

CAMPUS-EVENTS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

Date:
Mon, 2 May 2011 01:13:45 -0400
Today, Monday, May 2nd is Yom HaShoah - Holocaust Remembrance Day.

Hillel will be participating in the international "Unto Every Person There is
a Name" memorial. We will be reading names of some of the 6 million Jewish Holocaust
victims, including 160 relatives of Dartmouth students from 2-9 pm on the Collis
Patio.

We encourage you to listen to these names and remember that each one represents
a person whose life was cruelly and tragically cut short.  If you would like to
read names of Holocaust victims, even just for 5 minutes, please stop by Collis
Patio in the afternoon or evening.

Unto every person there is a name
Bestowed on him by God
And given to him by his parents.
Unto every person there is a name
Accorded him by his stature and type of smile And style of dress.
Unto every person there is a name
Conferred by the mountains
And the walls which surround him.
Unto every person there is a name