CAMPUS-EVENTS Archives

Campus Events

CAMPUS-EVENTS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Men's Hockey <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Men's Hockey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 31 Oct 2015 12:44:44 -0400
Good afternoon. In less than 24 hours, young American men will join others from around the world (Canada), and will be launching the largest offensive assault in the history of mankind.

Mankind -- that word should have new meaning for all of us today.

We can't be consumed by our petty differences anymore.

We will be united in our common interest, our hatred of the Crimson H.

Perhaps its fate that today is Halloween, and we will once again be fighting for our freedom, not from tyranny, oppression, persecution, Michael Myers, Jason, a human centipede, pumpkins, Freddy Krueger, suggestive costumes, Jack Nicholson, or that girl from the ring -- but from annihilation.

We're fighting for our right to live, to exist.

And should we win the day, Halloween will no longer be known as an American holiday, but as the day when Dartmouth declared in one voice:

"We will not go quietly into the night!

We will not vanish without a fight!

We're going to live on!

We're going to survive!"

Today, we celebrate our Halloween

Thompson Arena 7:30pm vs. Harvard, costumes encouraged