CAMPUS-EVENTS Archives

Campus Events

CAMPUS-EVENTS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Dartmouth PRIDE <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dartmouth PRIDE <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 May 2011 19:26:53 -0400
The PRIDE Readathon (part of the second annual PRIDE Theater Festival) is happening
Priday May 6th!!!!

8:45 am - 5:00 pm - Bench readings, open mic, guest authors, you name it.  We
will be filling the air with the words of LGBTQA authors and texts.  Anyone is
welcome to come and enjoy, and everyone can participate.  We'll have a large collection
of LGBTQ literature (from plays, to prose, to poetry) available to read quietly
to yourself or aloud to the audience.  The event will culminate with readings
from Dartmouth LGBT alums Joanne Herman '75 and Michael Lowenthal '90.

The Day's Schedule:
8:45 - "Telling Moments", a series of monologues depicting a variety of gay identities
by Robert C. Reinhart

9:50 - A full length monologue from a lesbian perspective (you'll have to come
to know what one)

11:05 - "3 Gay Comedies" from Robert Patrick's "Untold Decades", a collection
of short comedies for every decade from 1920-1980.  We'll be reading the 60's,
70's, and 80's (so you know it'll be crazy).

12:20 - "Voyage to Lesbos" by The Five Lesbian Brothers.  Described by one of
the brothers as a "seriously trippy play... our exploration of the warping effects
of internalized homophobia and phallo-centrism on the lesbian psyche".

1:35 - 4:00 Open mic style, find something to read in our collection or bring
something from your favorite author.  Poetry, prose, plays, blogs, or anything
else welcome.

4:00-5:00 Our featured authors, Dartmouth alums and proud LGBT Joanne Herman '75
and Michael Lowenthal '90 will read from their published work.

And don't forget to wear your PRIDE gear for Priday (aka Solidarity Day) and come
out to the green at 3:00 pm for the PRIDE Week Group Photo!!!!!

www.dartmouth.edu/~pride