CAMPUS-EVENTS Archives

Campus Events

CAMPUS-EVENTS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Jodie Mack <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jodie Mack <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Nov 2011 22:39:51 -0500
Hello Dartmouth!

As the schedule adjustment period approaches, I'd like to spread the word about
two new courses I'm teaching this winter in Film and Media Studies.

FS047.2
MAKE YOUR OWN CULTURE: CURATING AND MICROCINEMA
WINTER12, 3A
This course provides an introduction to the practice of curating film and video
- from shorts programs, to retrospective screenings, to film festivals, to moving-image
installations and exhibitions of production artwork. Through a series of exercises,
presentations, readings, screenings, and discussions, the course will prepare
students a series of projects where students organize moving-image events for
members of the community.

FS 047.4
ANIMATION: CUT AND PASTE*
WINTER 12, 10A
Using principles of both animation and editing, this course will explore the results
of combination in cut and paste cinema in conjunction with the history of collage--from
classic uses in painting, photomontage, architecture, and literature to contemporary
functions via mash-ups, samples, and digital manipulation. Through producing projects,
screening films, and discussing readings, we will explore the varying possibilities
of forming new meanings via the pairing of found elements.

*This course now counts towards the Digital Arts Minor.

Don't miss out on all the invigorating learning! Sign up today, or tell your friends!

All the best,

Jodie Mack
Assistant Professor of Animation
Film and Media Studies, Dartmouth College
www.jodiemack.com