CAMPUS-EVENTS Archives

Campus Events

CAMPUS-EVENTS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
LOOK at the Hood <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
LOOK at the Hood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Jan 2012 15:15:23 -0500
||||||||||||||||||LOOK @ the HOOD EVENT||||||||||||||||||

Spend 90 minutes with Kayla Gebeck '12 and Hood programming
interns Emma Routhier ?12 & Kayla Gilbert ?12 exploring
contemporary Native art and specifically Mateo Romero's set
of ten paintings called the Dartmouth Pow-Wow Suite. We will
start out by having a discussion about the artwork in the
gallery and then make our way into the studio to create our
own art inspired by Romero?s photo transfer painting process!!

Hood Museum of Art
TOMORROW! Friday, January 20th
4:00 ? 5:30pm

RSVP to "LOOK at the HOOD" (Participation limited to 15
students)

_____________NO ART EXPERIENCE NECESSARY!_______________

"Like" the HOOD on Facebook and look out for blitzes about
more programs this winter, including a STUDENT PARTY!

To Learn more about the Native American Art at Dartmouth
exhibition, visit the Hood's website:
http://hoodmuseum.dartmouth.edu/exhibitions/2011nativeamerican/index.html

LOOK @ the HOOD Winter Events:
**To register for any of these programs, Blitz Look at the
Hood**

-Living Traditions: Native American Beadwork
Featuring a student presenter
February date and time TBD

-Telling Stories: Native American Art and Ceremony
Featuring Prof. Sergei Kan
February date and time TBD

-*Student Party*
Friday, February 24th, 8:00 ? 10:00 PM