CAMPUS-EVENTS Archives

Campus Events

CAMPUS-EVENTS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Sexperts <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 3 May 2011 12:04:53 -0400
Ever wondered what a gay pornstar's life is like?
Curious as to how the adult film industry can promote sexual health?
Tired of stigma and prejudice associated with pornography, erotica and sexuality
in general?
Then this is the event  for you!!

WHO? Brent Corrigan (Sean Lockhart): Adult film actor, director and sexual health
advocate. [Google him if you like. You'll almost certainlybe interested ;)  ]

WHEN? Tuesday May 3rd, 4:00  PM

WHERE? Kemeny 008

WHY? Here's what he has to say:

"... I'll touch upon how I got my
start as an adult figure and what I set out to accomplish.  I'll share
my perspective on the gay adult industry and it's place in the
community.  Gay Adult Media garnered stars within the community long
before queer media had networks, out films and out actors: what is it
like today to be a gaylebrity?  Influence garners impact and the
importance of knowing our place in the world; promoting community
cohesion and encouraging everyone to do their part. Mine,
specifically, has been working with safer sex organizations and
lending my visibility to charitable causes. Lastly, I think it's
important that people attending my talk come away with the feeling
that while the choices we make as young people shape us; they don't
wholly define us. We all have the right to personal evolution."

Sponsored by Dartmouth Pride, and all it's various sponsors.