CABIN-TRAIL Archives

April 2010, Week 2

CABIN-TRAIL@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Cabin and Trail <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cabin and Trail <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Apr 2010 17:20:02 -0400
How to Sign up for Trips:

Blitz "OPO" to sign up for a trip that costs money, and blitz the leader to sign
up for a free trip

Also:

If you're interested in becoming a DOC Member, please see Julie Bell in Robo.
You'll get discounted trips and lots of other perks.

<3 CnT

WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAY

What: Woodsmens Practice led by Max Bogren
Where: Oak Hill (Rides leaving from behind Robo)
When: 3:10PM-6:30PM-ish
Blitz: Max Bogren with questions about the meaning of life

Dinertoure Wednesday!!!
Windy Windsor Diner to Die For (at Windsor Diner)
Blitz: Caitlin Johnson
Join us Wednesday morning for some diner pioneering, as we make our way out to
Windsor Vermont.  This diner's fanbase includes the late JD Salinger, so if you
want some ketchup on your rye, wake up at 6:45 and come
to Roback (the back of Robo).  The ride is free, but bring small bills.

Feedesta!
When: 6:30 pm
Where: The Rock
Blitz: Jennifer McDonald to help cook
Taylor, who will talk about mapping local trails and how you can get involved
with the project.  Laughter, food, and good times gaurenteed.
Cost: $3 to eat, Free if you help cook

THURSDAY THURSDAY THURSDAY

What: Men's Team Woodsmen Practice
Where: Oak Hill (Rides leaving from behind Robo)
When: 4:10PM-7:30PM
Blitz: Max bogren with questions about the meaning of life

Check on the DOC Cabins after the winter and help identify projects
for the season. Leaving 8:00 AM, back by noon. A great way to learn
about cabins from THE expert! Free. Blitz Rory Gawler to sign up.

FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY

Trailwork on Moose Mtn.
When: Friday at 2pm (time negotiable-blitz us if this is a problem)
Cost: $0.00 cause it's trailwork
Blitz: Jen McDonald or Becca Stebbins
know!
We'll wander up the mountain clearing blowdowns as we find them, and if we make
it to the top there may be something even more exciting we'll do! Snacks
provided,
and we'll be back before dinner (and before Carsten's Heeler Overnight). No need
to blitz OPO, just blitz Jenergy or BStebbs with questions or to sign up!

Viking BBQ and Armington Cabin Overnight
When: Friday night, getting back early Saturday afternoon, at the latest
Blitz: Kevin Miller or Carsten Hansen for info, and 'OPO' to sign up
We'll leave from Hanover, head to a drive in movie theater, watch How to Train
Your Dragon, probably not in 3D, have a BBQ in the parking lot while watching
'Hiccup' eat dead fish, drive to Armington, make fire, sleep, canoe, and drive
back to Dartmouth. Be a part of history.  If there are enough sign ups then
we'll change the cabin to Harris so everyone can be a part of the fun.
Cost: $1 + movie cost

What: Set up for the practice meet
Where: Oak Hill (Rides leaving from behind Robo)
When: 3:10PM-6:30PM
Blitz: Max Bogren with questions about the meaning of life

What: Women's Team Practice
Where: Oak Hill (Rides leaving from behind Robo)
When: 4PM-6:30PM
Blitz: ftd or Alix Perez Lawrence with questions

SATURDAY SATURDAY SATURDAY

What: WOODSMENS PRACTICE MEET OMG!!!
Where: Oak Hill (Rides leaving from behind Robo)
When: 9AM-until finished (bring lunch and snacks)
As some of you remember and I hope not too many forgot,  the practice meet is a
mandatory event for all competitors in Spring Meet.  It is  a "dress rehearsal
with axes" if you will for the competitors.  Since Spring meet is a two day
affair we have a Practice Meet to get everybody on the same page and comfortable
with their events.  Pork Roll will be there, to give us advice on our events, so
it is an extrememly valuable experience.
Blitz: ftd with questions

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY

Hike Mt. Ascutney!
When: Sunday, 9am-3pm
Cost: $3 DOC members /$5 for non-members
Blitz: Jeremy Brouillet or Molly Grear for more info, 'OPO' to sign up
Difficulty: moderate
about a six-and-half mile hike just half an hour out from campus. It's a great
hike up to the weathered core of an old volcano. There is a firetower at the top
with a wonderful view. We'll be leaving at nine, having lunch on the trail, and
heading back around 3. Fun will be had by all, so come sign up!

Hike Mt. Moosilauke: Trailwork
When: Sunday 8am-evening
Cost: FREE, 'cause it's trailwork!
Blitz: Chris Roades to sign up
is in dire need of some TLC. We'll hike up Moosilauke (probably to the top, just
for kicks), repair the hole, and hike back down. We will probably get to use
snowshoes--yes, you still have a chance to see some snow this spring before it's
too late. A delicious lunch will be provided. Help take care of one of our
awesome trails!

What:  Woodsmens Women's Team Practice
Where: Oak Hill (rides leaving from behind Robo)
When: 7AM-9:30AM
blitz: Alix Perez Lawrence with questions

NEXT MONDAY MONDAY MONDAY

What: Very Exciting Canoeing Practice
Where: At Ledyard Clubhouse down by the River
When: 2PM-4:30PM
Wear non-cotton clothing, rainpants, rainjacket, and shoes you don't mind
getting wet
blitz: Lauren Lesser with questions

THE FUTURE THE FUTURE THE FUTURE

Thursday, April 29
"White Blazes:  Appalachian Trail Experiences" presented by the Hanover Area
Friends of the A.T.  Multimedia presentation including excerpts from the
video "Trek - A Journey on the Appalachian Trail" and conversations with
A.T. thru- and section-hikers:  Chronic, Holiday, Joker, and MileMonster.  7
PM, Mayer Room, Howe Library, 13 South Street, Hanover.  Co-sponsored by
Hanover Outdoors and the Howe Library.  Free. 603-643-1859.