CABIN-TRAIL Archives

February 2014, Week 2

CABIN-TRAIL@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Cabin and Trail <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cabin and Trail <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Feb 2014 00:50:22 +0000
To sign up for any trip, blitz the leader of that trip with your DA$H number (make sure you have money in your account!) or saying you'd like to pay in cash.  Your spot will be reserved once you pay.  If the trip is free, just blitz the leader to reserve a spot. Financial aid is available for all trips - just reply to this blitz with any questions.

WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAY

The Feed!
Menu: Hearty Bean Soup and Garlic Bread
Come to the Rock to eat a delicious home-cooked meal this Wednesday! Only $4!
7pm at the Rock (http://www.dartmouth.edu/~cabtrail/rock.shtml).

SATURDAY SATURDAY SATURDAY

Hike the Tripyramids!!

When: Saturday 7-evening

Leaders: Jonathan King, Brad Geismar

A beautiful 11 mile hike in the middle of the Sandwich Range with three summits and great views of the Northern Whites.

$8 DOC, $12 non-DOC

Blitz: Brad Geismar for more information?

What: Mt. Moosilauke Hike and Sled
When: Saturday, 10am-5pm

Leaders: Max Deibel, Spencer Chu
What: We'll be hiking part of the way up Mt. Moosilauke, then enjoying a few miles of mostly non-stop sledding. It'll be awesome. We supply the sleds! This will be basically the best way possible to enjoy all the new snow we got this past week.
Cost: $5 DOC members, $12 non-DOC members

Blitz: Spencer Chu '16 with your DASH number and dietary restrictions to sign up!

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY

What: Cross Country Skiing at the Hartlands
When: Sunday 12:00 - 4:00
Leaders: Paige Wilson and Shane Weisberg
Why: come out for a relaxing and fun afternoon skiing at the Hartlands which is supposed to be really nice. We might even get some fresh snow. No experience necessary. First time skiers are encouraged to come.
Cost: $2 DOC, $5 Non-DOC. Snacks will be provided, rentals are free.
Blitz: Shane Weisberg with your Da$H number as well as your height and shoe size to sign up or get more info.

What: all-DOC s'mores-make/sunsike/nighttime ski/general hangout
Where: Brian Kunz's house --> Gile firetower --> back to Brian Kunz's house
When: ~3 to ~7 on Sunday (sunset is ~5:30)
Who: YOU! (Hunter van Adelsberg '15 is leading)
Why: again, it's a big thing
Brian Kunz (who, for those of you who might not have heard, is the awesome Deputy Director of OPO) conveniently lives right near the Gile firetower, and has graciously invited us to come over to his place for an evening of good solid DOC fun. On the tentative agenda: s'mores around Brian's fire pit, night XC skiing around the ski loop nearby, snowshoeing up to the top, and watching the sunset from the tower.
Blitz: Hunter van Adelsberg '15 with dietary restrictions to sign up!

If you're not a DOC member, BECOME a DOC member.  $20 for an annual membership (memberships run from July 1 - June 30) or $50 for a student career membership (which expires June 30 of the year you graduate).  Contact Julie Bell to sign up.