CAMPUS-EVENTS Archives

Campus Events

CAMPUS-EVENTS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Men's Hockey <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Men's Hockey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Jan 2016 10:04:42 -0500
We know things are bad - worse than bad. They're crazy. It's like everything everywhere is going crazy, so we don't go out anymore. We sit in our house or our rooms, and slowly the world we are living in is getting smaller, and all we say is: 'Please, at least leave us alone in our rooms. Let me have my Keurig and my Netflix and my Macbook Air and I won't say anything. Just leave us alone.'

Well, we're not gonna leave you alone. we want you to get MAD! We don't want you to protest. We don't want you to riot - we don't want you to email to your dean, because we wouldn't know what to tell you to write. We don't know what to do about the housing system or the academic rigor or the fence in front of Collis. All we know is that first you've got to get mad. You've got to say: 'I'm a human being, god-dammit! My life has value!'

So, we want you to get up now. We want all of you to get up out of your chairs. We want you to get up and go to Thompson Arena. Stand up in the bleachers and yell: 'I'm as mad as hell, and I'm not gonna take this anymore!'  Make noise! Unleash your wrath on the Saints as your Big Green hockey men go for a weekend sweep!

Then we'll figure out what to do about the Collis fence.

P.S.- Meet the players event @ XH after the game 11pm