CAMPUS-EVENTS Archives

Campus Events

CAMPUS-EVENTS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
PoliTALK <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 5 Oct 2011 15:38:46 -0400
***********************************

Politalk's Topic This Week: The State of the War on Terrorism

***********************************

Last week, the Obama administration announced that a CIA drone strike had killed
American-born terrorist Anwar al-Awlaki in Yemen. This revelation brings up some
interesting political ramifications for the United States:

1. How has the Obama Administration handled the War on Terrorism?

2. Where does the U.S. go from here?

3. What kind of exit strategy should we have, if we should have one at all?

4. Should foreign-born terrorists be treated differently than American terrorists?

5. Can the U.S. win the War on Terrorism?

We will tackle these questions and more at this week's Politalk.  As always, feel
free to drop by to share/hear great conversation.

Thursday (Oct 6)
6:30
Rocky
FREE DINNER PROVIDED